Monday 13 June 2011

Email to my Daughter-about to board the Plane 12/04/11

Hi Kate,

I'm at Sydney Airport about to board the plane to Melbourne...then to Bangkok arriving at 8.30 tonight.

It was great staying in Sydney with Chris and Cat...they are doing really well and were completely gorgeous to put me up and all.

The settlement went through whilst I was in the air...arrived Syd to frantic messages etc but they sorted it all out.
Everything has gone relatively smoothly...had giant garage sale last Sunday made $1300!

I'm down to 30kg of total possessions and my bank account..that's the sum of me now!
Flying to Phuket Saturday, will check out apartment in Nai Harn etc for later in the year.

Nothing has sunk in yet.

I've been so busy and trying to cover every detail..just about done it all I think.
I'm keeping a journal...thinking of writing a book...quite a few people I don't know all that well want to follow my travels and progress.
Maybe a travel blog, if I can make it interesting and compelling, could make me a little money as well..but I'll wait until I get somewhere I have internet access in room till I spend some time on that.

Actually, I'm glad to be leaving here for a while...watching the news last night with the pathetic dramas that captivate our country, and the amazing level of petty bureaucracy we have come to accept that seeks to control our lives on a minute by minute basis.

Well, I had better go, ..flight leaving soon and internet running out.
Can't wait to get there and see you.
I'll skype you from Thailand.
Lots of Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment