Saturday 20 August 2011

Lost and Found August 2011 Looking for Lost German Friends; Anja, Aleks, Andrea and Stefan.



It is completely against my sense of blogging order to post something before it should be posted, but I find myself nursing a sense of guilt here. I will write ad-infinitum about the amazing Sziget Music Festival in Budapest soon, but I must send out a message to some new friends I failed to meet on the last night there.
On Saturday night, we five drank a lot of beer, and if I recall correctly, palinka shots.... that may  or may not have been with this lot, it could well have been with some Hungarians..it’s all a little fuzzy now.
Anyway, Stefan must shoulder most of the blame, I feel, as he kept insisting we stay and drink more beer, and more beer; such is the German way, he assured me. And I do have some German ancestry. But in order to leave Sziget by 4.30am, I promised, as leverage to a 106kg German drinking machine, to meet this quartet on Sunday night and buy Stefan 10 beers!
Believe me, it was the only way to get out of there before daybreak.
But that night I was sneezing a lot, you may recall. The dust hanging in the night air from the daily 100,000 music lover’s trail tramping from stage to stage (and there’s 48 of them), coupled with the smoke from the circus’ heavy oil fuelled torches triggered a massive allergy attack by the time I returned to my lodgings. Black gunk flowed like oil from my sinuses in the hot steam of the shower, and of course, I ended up with sinus and throat infections.
That’s why I didn’t turn up on Sunday night and I had no way of letting anyone know.
“Soft” I hear you say.
I completely agree, but this allergy turned viral infection would not be denied.
So, I owe you 10 beers Stefan. And I intend to get them to you somehow, whether it’s Oktoberfest or a local pub in Stuttgart.
And if Anja, Aleks, Andrea or Stefan read this, could you please leave your contact email as a comment to this post, and I will be in touch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment